Anyone non-religious here? Please be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
My guess is that she means that if you are friendly with someone who is doing something that you consider wrong, your life will be affected.

Well I am friendly with everyone despite of religion LOL!

She had alot of "likes" thumbs up on that comment in FB so I have no clue what she is saying. She is not refering to me in particular but to everyone on FB.

Oh well, she can do what she likes but no boo hoo if she does lose her job or got reprimanded.

She made no response to me about the questions that Mom'sFolly mentioned so I know I probably irk her big time. My sister and I do not care for her anyway so no big deal if she decided to 'drop' us off however her extended family remainded neutral.

Quote:
It's a common mindset with fundamentalist strains that people basically are very weak and very easily influenced by "immorality".. so they are very much all about controlling everything to their own standards. That can include transforming USA into a christian theocracy(for christian fundamentalists).. with biblical laws imposed on everybody. They think this is the only way a society can be "moral" and "free of corruption" etc. So that is why they are so active against some freedom and equal rights- such as gay marriage.. they truly believe allowing gays to marriage will cause further collapse and immorality of society.

When they can't control everybody, they resort to isolation.. cutting out people who are not exactly like them. Sin is their excuse, but personally I suspect a part of it is they are afraid of having their ideologies exposed to honest scrutiny.. or as punchline of a joke goes- the fear of someone, somewhere is having fun.

Oh we are having fun LOL! From what I can gather, I see alot of Baptist attendances in various churchs. She does not go to non dem. church but as far as the church she is now attending, it is just a town's name and Baptist Church LOL! I do not think Fundamentalists and Baptist co-exist each other but if they do, I would be surprised.

I know my sister went to Baptist church with her a few times and was very uncomfortable. As for me, I only went there once just for my daughter to go to Sunday School because she wanted to join her friends. The people was nice, and the preacher, I do not know what to make of him but when he starts ranting, my level of comfort has decreased. I would be surely be going to Hell because of my sins. (Yeah right! Like if the Earth is going to open up and swallow me whole!).

I think that almost all Baptist Churches are extremely friendly. The reasoning is that everyone is a witness to Christ and being friendly and loving will convince non Christians to convert. So, it doesn't surprise me, Ewe sheep, that the Baptist church you attended was very welcoming.

Quote:
Yep they were! However if they were Southern Baptists, well, that's a different topic.
tongue.png
To put it mildly, I would stay away from them with a ten foot pole or keep on driving!
lol.png

Hey, Southern Baptists terrify me and I am one.
lol.png

Ok not really, I'm heavily pagan-leaning, but I go to a Baptist church. I wish they'd just cut the cord and call themselves Unitarian, because they really are, but we'd lose all the older members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom