Anyone noticing an unusually poor November egg production?

A.T. Hagan

Don't Panic
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
North/Central Florida
For you folks who have kept birds long enough to have a feel for year over year production are you noticing an unusual sag in November egg production?

My birds are laying about 20% fewer eggs than they did last November which is odd considering how many new pullets are in the flock. Haven't changed anything about their feed or management so I'm wondering if it's something environmental though what it may be is not immediately apparent.

Anyone noticing an unusually low November production?

yeah i have low number of eggs too this is my 1st year with chickens i only have 5 im wanting to buy 2 more next spring but latly ive been geting one egg everyother day i figure its the cold weather or the lack of daylite hours

I was just about to post about the same thing. I have 6 hens and only 1 egg every other day. My girls need to get in gear, I need eggs for Thanksgiving! ha! Why do you think the laying is slowing down?

Mine have stopped laying completely... but that is mostly due to their coop being in the shade (makes even less daylight during the winter, but keeps them from frying from the inside out in these scorcher southern summers.) I do recall getting eggs later in the year other years though, so you might be on to something...
hu.gif

Yep, I to am getting very few eggs. I do have 8 pullets close to laying. I also have some older girls who are only giving me 4 eggs a day (and that is including a Momma hen who just started laying again)

I had something happen to my Khaki Campbell drake and thinking maybe this has traumatized the flock. Kam keeping everybody in the runs until we can fence the rest of the yard in)

But I love them anyways

Back
Top Bottom