Anyone on here from AL with State Permit info

I was told "No license needed for pheasants" by the Administrative Assistant to the Alabama Director
Wildlife & Freshwater Fisheries Division. I have a copy of the Game Breeders License if you need it. It is $250 and it is for Mallards, Canada Geese, Quail, etc.

Quote:
Thank you !! SED That is what I was hoping for...I didn't want to purchase a yearly $250 permit.

Anytime!

Can you send it to me? i am curious to see it since I have quail... he told me the same thing about all migrator waterfowl which would include mallards and geese so now I am curious.

I did find a Quail ONLYpermit for 25.00 listed before I got to the Gamebird permit listing. It was confusing because the quail is also listed on the Gamebird permit.

Quote:
do you have a link to it by any chance?
I am starting to like all the nonnative birds more... less papers work.. Before long they will figure out to get money out of that though.. and chickens... turkeys..

Why we are at it why not tax/require a permit to have fish in a pond in your backyard
smile.png

Quote:
I am starting to like all the nonnative birds more... less papers work.. Before long they will figure out to get money out of that though.. and chickens... turkeys..

Why we are at it why not tax/require a permit to have fish in a pond in your backyard
smile.png

I went back to look and it was for "Commercial Breeding'' Quail...but not sure how to read those articles...Propagating is listed though.
I agree all this paper work and monies ...
he.gif

I'll see if I can find the link.

Quote:

smile.png

I went back to look and it was for "Commercial Breeding'' Quail...but not sure how to read those articles...Propagating is listed though.
I agree all this paper work and monies ...
he.gif

I'll see if I can find the link.

Thanks! I have seen that one.. We are raising quial just for ourselves so no commercial breeding here..

Looking through the federal permits though it makes me want to get owls or something crazy!! I mean if I have to go through a bunch of paper work why not
smile.png

I have a copy of both permits. The game breeders permit allows for ANY game, deer, wild turkey, quail, mallards, geese, etc. BUT you have to attain your stock through legal means. I have those peoples names and numbers also.

Back
Top Bottom