anyone order chicks from MYPETCHICKEN.com?

hawtchick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 11, 2008
New Hampshire
Hubby and I would like to add some Australorps to our flock and our local grain store where we usually get chicks from is not getting Lorps this year.
How is mypetchicken.com? they don't have a minimum, they have what we want available soon, and the come vaccinated.
What do I need to know about mail order chicks?? should I pay the extra for the Marek's vac?
Thanks so much!!

MPC gets their birds from Meyer, a larger hatchery. Because you are incorporating birds into an existing flock, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the vaccination, in my opinion. You'll pay a premium for a few chicks from MPC - as an option, you might try to find a BYC member in your area who is hatching or has Australorps - they are great clucks, friendly and excellent layers. More people will come by soon and give you their ideas!

Good luck on expanding your flock!

The people at My Pet Chicken are very nice. Why don't you call or eamil them?
idunno.gif

I am in no way connected to My Pet Chicken, but I have emailed them and they are very sweet and prompt with their replies.
thumbsup.gif

It actually wasn't too bad since I don't have to order 25.
I only want to add 5 hens, and they are 3.00 each with the vacs.
Where would I post if I wanted to find someone from here?

Quote:

I just ordered a batch from MPC...this is my first ever order, I am still renovating a coop, but they were REALLY nice and very easy to work with. Depending on where you live, you can order as few as 3 chicks, but the farther out you are from a major city, the more you have to order. I think for more remote areas, they require 8. If you don't want that many, maybe you could split a small order with someone else. I also got a few BAs and am very antsy now waiting. Mine arrive June 22, but thats because I ordered a pretty big variety. I had mine vaccinated. Seems like there is a split decision amongst the BYCers on whether it's necessary in small flocks, but I figured why take a chance. I hope it all goes well, as I said, they were very nice.

On the "Chicks & Chickens - Buy Sell Trade" forum, post a new thread with a subject line such as "Wanted in (your area) - Australorp Chicks," or something like that. Maybe someone near you will have some!

Ideal will send you a few chicks, too - you just have to pay a minimum of $20.00. I've never ordered from MPC, but I have talked to them and they are nice.

I ordered from MPC and my chicks are coming 3/31. They were very nice and very easy to work with. I needed the minimum # of 3, and wanted specific varieties, so the local feed stores weren't really an option. The killer with MPC is the shipping charges; they package them with some kind of warming pack--that's how they can ship so few. But they guarantee no "packing peanuts". I'll update how they arrive and how they do in April!

I ordered from MPC last February and couldn't be happier. Yes, the shipping is expensive, but the chicks were healthy and perfect when they arrived. And no sexing problems. I whole heartedly recommend them and will be buying again for some Australorps as well....

I ordered 6 and received them in September. Everything went perfectly! We ended up giving away 2 because we decided 6 was just too many for our coop. We ordered 2EEs and they sent 2 different colors which I really appreciated.

I have 25 on order to deliver 4-21-ish. 21 japanese, 4 plymouth rock and 2 barred rocks. So far their customer service has been great except for when they got bogged down the first couple days they were taking orders.

Back
Top Bottom