Anyone order small quantity from Ideal w/o chicks for warmth?

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
I have placed yet another order with Ideal, this time for bantams. I was worried about them putting thier packing peanuts in with them, since they would be larger chicks. I got the insurance instead, but they are still a small number of chicks. Has anyone else done this with Ideal or other hatchery? What was your experience?

I ordered 13 from Ideal in December and chose not to have the extra birds for warmth. I lost one during shipment, but the rest were fine.

I ordered in the summer. I placed my order over the phone & asked how few they thought it was safe to ship without packing peanuts. They told me 12, so I ordered 14 (chicken math!). They all arrived in good shape.

I just received a small order the other day of 5 Turkens and 4 BBB Turkeys. They are all doing very well! None died on the trip from Texas to Pennsylvania!

Thanks all! They are shipping out Wednesday and hoping for good weather and a quick trip. Last time I ordered from Ideal they shipped out Wednesday and I picked them up Friday morning, really early and all were good. But I had 10 + packing peanuts. Didn't want packing peanuts this time since they are bantams.

I ordered 5 standard and 4 bantam, all alive on arrival, one silkie was loopy, but made it

the other time 2 standard and 3 bantam all alive

both times I got 7 RIR males and females as warmers

Back
Top Bottom