Anyone own “milk and cookie hybrid”? Need size of adults.

They are now considered a breed primarily sold at Meyers Hatchery (developed by Linda Steele, same person who designed the Steele eggers--I have a few of those as well and love them) but no one will let us know how they were made because I guess they have a secret, lol. But my opinion is there had to be a houdan chicken in there somewhere because it has some traits like color type and hairstyle plus the 5 toes it sports. Not sure what else is in the mix. But thats just my guess.
So what makes them different than a houdan? Other than that they have feathers legs.

They are now considered a breed primarily sold at Meyers Hatchery (developed by Linda Steele, same person who designed the Steele eggers--I have a few of those as well and love them) but no one will let us know how they were made because I guess they have a secret, lol. But my opinion is there had to be a houdan chicken in there somewhere because it has some traits like color type and hairstyle plus the 5 toes it sports. Not sure what else is in the mix. But thats just my guess.
Can you post pics of your Steele Eggers? I have one coming May 20 and hoping for a Splash!

Attachments

• my steel eggers.jpeg
    my steel eggers.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 8
So what makes them different than a houdan? Other than that they have feathers legs.
Not exactly sure yet because they are only about 9 weeks old, but i think ,possibly, a bit smaller and although they have a crest, i think its shaped a bit different than the houdan (so far). I'm curious myself......

Thanks for the pic! They are beautiful! Can you telll me what their personalities are like? I raise my girls as pets so hoping friendly girls.
How big are they? They looks smallish.
How about their egg color and laying?
Would love any info you can share. Thank you!
They are lovely girls ! In that pic about 9 months old. They generally weigh about 4 1/2 pounds until i gave them too much corn this winter, lol ..... last weight was 5 pounds but only weighed one because I just wanted to see if the corn made them heavier. I usually have them on corn free, soy free diet. We live in Arizona and corn get them too hot in the summer. They will be two years old in May this year. I handled them alot since babies so they are very friendly to me, sometimes jumping on my lap on their own. They fly on my shoulders too sometimes. Especially when I have treats. But like any chicken they don't like anyone trying to "get" them with hand stretched, cause it seems more like a predator that way. Each personality is slightly different, of course we have the "bossy one, and the more calm cool girl, the one that "loves" me the best, lol, but we love them all. They give blue or green eggs. Started giving about 3-4 eggs a week, but when I switched from 16% layer to 18% layer this year, they are giving 4-5 eggs a week. 3 of the 4 of them laid since they were 4 1/2 months old, the other waited till almost 9 months old. Not sure why. I feed treats -the mealy worms and green leafy vegetables every afternoon. Occasional seeds especially when molting. I really like Meyers hatchery too. Would definitely buy from them again. Hope this helps !

Back
Top Bottom