Anyone read/watched Kite Runner? Kinda a rant

flyingmonkeypoop

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Deer Park Washington
I just watched the movie Kite Runner, and I disliked it. I read the book back in October not just once but 3 times because it was so good. I rented the movie tonight after having been on a waiting list. It sucked! Hassan doesnt have a hare-lip, they leave out the fight scene after they are in the gas tank thing, then when the fight between Assef and Amir happens, Amir barely gets beat up. I have learned to watch the movie first, then read the book. Sorry about the rant but just had to get it off my chest.

I read the book, but haven't seen the movie. I knew Hollywood would butcher it just like they do every great novel. It sounds like they took alot of the meats and bones out of this one.

I havent read the book, but I watched the movie the other day. It was really sad (I'm a huge baby at sad movies) movie.
hit.gif
I really want to read the book now. I try to stay away from the Oprah books, they seem to let me down a lot. Although I am really into the 'A New Earth' book. It seems to have 'awakened' me.

I read it in English class, at first I thought it would be a dumb book, but I loved it. I liked it so much that I also read his other book A Thousand Splendid Suns. He is a great author.

I loved the book and was also a little disappointed with the move. But I have to say, that it is almost always that way. A lot of times after my children have read a book we will also get the movie. The last one was The Hiding Place. My children usually comment that the book was so much better or I can't believe they left a particular part out. I always tell them that is the beauty of reading. Movies can't make the authors descriptions come to life. The discussions usually end with my children saying that they would much rather read then see the movie. (This makes their mommy very happy!!!)
love.gif

Same thing with the Spiderwick Cronicles...the movie was horrible compared to the book. Stewart Little...same thing. My kids have learned not to have high expectations for the movie after reading the book. One of my boys refuses to watch a movie after the book for that very reason. I have to admit that Harry Potter has been very true to the book though.

Back
Top Bottom