Anyone recognize what breed this chick is?

DuckiesGarden

Songster
7 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Indiana
My Coop
My Coop

Hi all! I posted this elsewhere but didn't get any takers! This is my "exotic" chick I got with my new batch of chicks yesterday. Does anyone recognize what breed it could be? It's silvery-grey with black blotches on it's back and it's little legs look to be a slate?? color. Could it be a silver spangled hamburg? maybe a silver laced wyandotte? I've tried looking at baby chick pics but can't decide because some different breeds are looking the same to me as chicks. I know I could just be patient and wait for it to get feathered out but...my curiosity is eating me up! LOL. Here's some pics of him/her:

In this pic the mystery chick is the one to the right of the chipmunk colored one and to the bottom right of the yellow chick in the middle

Looks exactly like a silver spangled hamburg chick. I love the pattern on his/her back. Too cute. He/she should grow up to be a beautiful chicken!

Looks exactly like a silver spangled hamburg chick. I love the pattern on his/her back. Too cute. He/she should grow up to be a beautiful chicken!
x2. Our neighbor got one as an extra from Murray MacMurray and it grew into a beautiful roo. I really like him.

That's great! I was going to order some hamburgs because they were so neat looking (love the polka dot look and stature of them) but opted for anconas instead for the larger eggs. What luck to have gotten one anyway!! Thanks for the positive ID!

That's great! I was going to order some hamburgs because they were so neat looking (love the polka dot look and stature of them) but opted for anconas instead for the larger eggs. What luck to have gotten one anyway!! Thanks for the positive ID!
Good luck! You will have to send me a picture when the little gal/guy is grown up

I'll do that for sure! I might try to post pics week by week just to have a little timeline on here for them. I looked for a hamburg breed page but couldn't find one.Thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom