anyone recomend geese?

How much do ya'll sell the babies for??? Are the geese so protective that you can't get their babies away from them for selling or is it fairly easy?? I am too thinking of getting geese, there is someone in my area trying to rehome a pair of chineese

My grandparents had geese (not sure what kind...they were white
roll.png
)

I though they were lovely! They lived on a ranch (so long driveway) and they always started honking when someone drove up BEFORE the dogs.

The geese were very accurate (no false honking that I know of). Can't say that for the dogs either.

I greatly enjoyed them. They started off with a trio but over time ended up with just the one male. That last male didn't make it to 30, but I think he was 15.

Then again, my little sister thought he was awful and was very scared of him. I don't know why.

I love my geese, an embden and either a Pilgrim goose or she's a Toulouse, I got 4 American Buff goslings for them the week their (frozen or infertile) eggs were supposed to hatch and they thought those babies were their own, still do! Right now they're supposed to be sharing their barn with ducklings, 10, but the youngun's like to shoo the ducklings away from where the goose flock is so I'm not sure that's going to work for winter, may have to separate them so I started doing so for everyone's happiness.

If I could only have one flock, it'd be the geese and if I could have two flocks, it'd be the geese and also BLRW bantams or Partridge Rock Bantams. Thankfully, I've got much more, at least for now. I am the third owner of my original two geese and they are 7-8 years old now. The first died of cancer, the second wanted them gone as they tried to kill the beautiful and nice BO roo so I got mine in Feb last year. In the 1st pic, I hadn't learned to change the year on the camera so it was really 2008.

Here's a pic of then and now:
Picture002.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom