Anyone remember...

bietsch624

Songster
15 Years
Nov 28, 2008
Pink Panther Flakes...they were a pink frosted corn flake that Post sold in the 80's...made your milk a sick pink color..and if you didn't eat them fast enough they were kind of sludgy..

Last edited:
My grandfather loved anything pink panther. He made my grandmother buy them, but I do not recall him actually eating any.
big_smile.png

What in the world made you remember those? remember quisp and quake? They tasted like captain crunch, I think. I still have a rock collection that if you sent in enough box tops, they sent you a little box of rocks with the identifications.
And the scarecrow from chex? I have one of those... and the bee from... something with honey.
AHHH! see what you've done to me?

I know...now I'm thinking of all the great stuff we had as kids. I was the only girl with three brothers..we always had neat "stuff". I remember one thing we had that pressed a tootsie roll into certain shapes..and my brothers had SSP Race Cars that had a T-"strip" with teeth on it that was fed into the wheel of the car. You pulled it out and let it go on the ground or your closest sibling's head...mom hated those cars!

I remember buying huge Three Muskateer candy bars for a nickel and chocolate ice cream sodas for twenty five cents....and gas was NINETEEN CENTS PER GALLON! (I'm 57 y.o.)

----------------------------------
One tolerant and handy husband, two grown children, three onery grandsons, one onery mini aussi and seven onery hens! (They all discovered the compost pile this evening and, because of the heat, decided to dig themselves into it! Needless to say, after putting them back into their pen, I ran to the shower!)

I remember when i was five in 1979 and my parents bought me an atari video game system. It was used and they got it for seventy five bucks which was half price but that was still a huge amount of money for 1979. Even though we were kind of poor i thought i was a "Rockefeller" with one of those. I think the next year for christmas i got pacman when it came out. Even though games have certainly gotten better they couldnt possibly ever bring me that much enjoyment again. Ah, to be a kid again...

P.s. i still hate the slinky guy for lying about how those things go down stairs on their own and if i find him i will give him a punch in the mouth for " old times."

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow your steps must have been two wide, i remember playing with the slinky yes it would go from top to bottom of our steps, (outside steps)

Quote:
Wow your steps must have been two wide, i remember playing with the slinky yes it would go from top to bottom of our steps, (outside steps)

I never saw one make it past four steps except on the commercials. I still think the commercials were rigged lol
However, i do remember when i was six getting a wood burning kit from a friend of my dads. It was promptly confiscated and i still to this day wonder what happened to it. It was basically as i recall, a soldering iron looking thing with almost six inches of cord on it. In hindsight, probably a smooth move on my parents part to allow it to "r-u-n-n-o-f-t."

Last edited:
Pink Panther Flakes, Quisp, Quake, Space Food Bars, I remember all of them. Tang you can still buy and the same for freeze-dried ice cream. In fact you can now buy Quisp again.

I remember excited we were when the first Pong games came out. This was a little before the home version as these were big dedicated machines two people sat at to play. I was in high school then.

That was a different world back then in the sixties and early seventies. Not the technology but the attitude and mind set.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom