Anyone see an uptick in sales of eggs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gogoalie, Aug 29, 2010.

1. gogoalie

gogoalie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    Since the recall? I would think that some people would benefit from ths...yes, no?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Well since this part of the US in under recall (SoCal) - YES!!! I have people getting really po'd wth me because I can't give them eggs!!! My hens are not producing like normal due to heat, and people are REALLY rude about it. So I have a list. My big order regulars, coworkers and THEN everyone else. Its the everyone else that is getting rude with me.

3. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    my fil says hes getting more customers.

4. Amigatec

Amigatec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Haskell Oklahoma
    I am selling all I can collect, and at $2.50 a dozen, I'm not having any problem selling them.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  5. Knight Hawk Ranch

Knight Hawk Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Labelle, Florida
    I have never had a problem selling my eggs. But I only have 7-8 hens and 3 are older and not laying everyday, so only 5-7 eggs a day. One of my co workers also has hens, about the same number as me and we both sell all our eggs at work.

We agreed on a price so that whoever brought eggs in, there wouldn't be a question of price. We sell our eggs for $3 for a dozen and $4 for 18. We have several Latino ladies at work and they buy them as fast as we bring them in. I also have an outlet here for any extra roos as these ladies prefer fresh chicken.

This year, I am hatching chicks out for the first time, specifically to sell for meat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by