Anyone seed swap?

Chicky Babe

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
Morgan County, Kentucky
Couple years ago I belonged to a few different swapping forums. I have quite a few heirloom seeds, mostly veggies, few flowers. Always looking for what I don't have which right now are peppers, long island cheese pumpkin, sunflowers, and popping corn. Anyone inerested?

I have a whole bunch of red sunflower seeds I saved from my plants last year. They were over 6 foot with blood red petals and dark centers, with several medium-sized flowers per a plant instead of the standard solo flower. If you have any heirloom tomatoes I'd love to try 'em out. :)

I will post a list of the tomato seeds I have so you can choose what you would like. After harvest I will have a few more. Addressing the swap question. You just exchange addresses and mail each other seeds you traded for! There are several websites just for swapping. WWW. CAFEGARDEN.com was a great one. Just not very active right now!

Hi,
I'm new here and just learning this site and also just learning about backyard chickens...although I haven't quite talked my husband into it yet!

However, I have a thriving organic garden with all organic seeds and mostly heirloom vegetable plants, but also California poppies and cosmos...so I would love to swap seeds via mail! I'm in the Bay Area.

Happy gardening!
;-)

I also would be up for a seed swap. I have quite a few non-GMO seeds left over from my 2012 order that I just don't have space for this year. A lot of it is greens and root vegetables, some broccoli, a few heirloom melons, some loofah sponge seeds, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow crookneck, pumpkin, peas, and okra. After this year's harvest, I will have more available. I have a very few tigger melon seeds available. Oh, I have some spaghetti squash, too. All the seeds I have available are non-GMO, open-pollinated varieties.

Always on the lookout for heirloom tomatoes and would like to try growing some tomatillos or ground cherries. Would love some German chamomile, too. I am in zone 9A according to the brand new zone hardiness map that just came out this year (we used to be zone 8, but the weather has changed). We have dry, sandy soil which is why I have so many squashes and melons. They do well here, or so I am told. This is our first year gardening here.

Handbasket, I bought some purple tomatillo seeds, I don't know if they're hybrids or not. If you're interested in them and/or red sunflower seeds, I'd love to give loofa a try.

Sure, that sounds fun. I save seeds. I have a mess of "Explosive Ember" peppers. Beautiful little purple plant, ornamental and eat them both. Makes 3/4 inch purple which turn red. Tasty, some are hot but not as bad as a red chili or Thai. Pic is some red chilies, smaller are the explosive ember and green is passillos. I give them to people to hang in the kitchen. Thread is thru the head of the stem so just pop it off, I cook with them.
I have jarrahdale squash too, pumpkin squash mix native to Australia.

Back
Top Bottom