Anyone seen this Ark style?

jackson41

Songster
9 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Wisconsin
I think this could be workable for 4 chickens if you made it 6ft long and changed the roost design.
www.hen-house.co.uk/ Check out the Henley.

Has more head room than an A-Frame but does not look like there is any ventilation.
Add vents and you could probably keep a couple hens in it just fine.

Appeas to have about 2 to 2.5 ft of usable width in the house itself. 6 Feet long and it would be a really tight fit for 4 hens. 8 feet would be better for 4.
The Tractor in my Avatar pic is 8x3 and ended up being just about right for 4 hens with snow on the ground when they spend all day in the coop.

Last edited:
It looks good. I have one A frame and the usable space is not great but by being double storied all the way you double you space. You also have great access to the enclosed section. I would not bother with their roost set up though. Way too cramped. Maybe one roost running lengthways?

I was thinking about making the floor space 30 inches wide and the length 8 ft . I agree the roost is totally wrong. I was also thinking of putting a window on the end where they show the roost.And a ridge vent I like that it could be easily moved if made out of cedar which is pretty light weight.

I like the easy accsess for cleaning, but it loks like there would be quite a few awkward miter cuts.Not a first timer project. Heck even i wouldnt attempt it. I just got the plans for a 12 sqf coop with a attached run. (for a total run of 4x7ft. good enough for a quad of bantys or three fullsize hens ) I got time to build it, prob. another 2 years atleast. But i build it in panels so i can store it pretty good. If it comes out well i might even attempt to sell them.

I'm not worried about the angles, They look pretty easy. I'm hoping to keep 4 silkies in this coop and want to be able to keep it close to the house in the winter with the sides of the run covered on to keep snow out. I would be able to keep it on the south side of the house witch is very protected. Plus I just like the way it looks!

Back
Top Bottom