Anyone show their ducks

janastasio

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
New Hampshire
I know the requirements will vary from state to state, but I'm trying to figure out what my ducks will need to be shown. In NH there is no testing done on web footed birds. I would like to be able to show in MA and CT but cant seem to find the information anywhere as to what they need to be tested for in order to show. Our state vet will be coming to us on 3/2 to test our chickens. They thought maybe if I had health certs for the ducks and they were banded that that might be sufficient. What do you have to do for your state? Thanks.
-Jaime

You guys have to have your birds tested for showing ?????

I saw the topic and came for a read as I do want to start showing my Indian Runners later this year. Here in Australia we dont have any birds tested. I can understand to control any outbreaks it is neccesary- but I wonder how many people are put off entering their birds in shows because of required testing.

I will watch this thread and hope to see some answers as I am interested in knowing what is tested for over there.

In Ky its not required for waterfowl to be tested at a show but if you are in the NPIP program they will test waterfowl! Most waterfowl are prone to most but not all diseases that chickens get.

We show our ducks all the time bout every weekend in show season!

Last edited:
NPIP will do waterfowl if you get poultry tested. I believe they have to do ALL livestock type birds on your property that you own. We had our ducks done with no problems.

ETA: We have shown our ducks before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom