Anyone tried LED Xmas lights for coop lighting?

I put a set of solar led twinkle light strings on the outside of my 3x4 coop. I got mine off Ebay . they had color and white, cost me about 10-12$
I also bought these. I put the red solor ones on the outside of the coop to keep the predators away/ Seems to work and the also have a blink mode. On the inside of my coop I have a compact fluoresent which only use 4watts of power for a 30 watt bulb. Sort of gives them the look of daylight as it starts low light when its cold and gets brighter as the bulb warms.

Something else to think about...Last year I bought a pair of solar powered lanterns (they look like hanging carriage lanterns)from Home Depot which include shepherds' hook...about $30. for the pair. The lanterns have rings at the top so they can be hung from anything. The windows in my coop face southwest so one lantern is hung outside one of the windows and provides plenty of light in and out of the coop. I was so impressed with these lanterns that I now have six and they still shine as bright as the first time I used them. Last summer, we had a power outage for about 30 hours....I brought all six lanterns into the house...gave us plenty of light for the duration of the outage. Anyway, I use them at my front and back doors as well as by the chicken coop...a very reliable source of light.

I have used these lights in my coop from the start. Waterproof, peckproof, dustproof, well, just about "everythingproof"
lol.png

http://www.homedepot.com/b/N-5yc1v/Ntk-All/Ntt-rope+lights?browsestoreoption=1

Back
Top Bottom