Anyone try this? Update... they loved it!

Quote:
Heck, I want to try it for me too! It sounds pretty darned tasty!

gig.gif
You do have a point there, we could be greedy and keep it all for ourselves, the crumbles would be kind of hard though...
lau.gif

Wow, that's high! I got mine at the veggie/fruit stand down the road...2 for 2.00. Love those stands in the Summer. Never buy my fruits/veggies at the grocery in the Summer.

When I lived in France we'd get these little Italian cantaloupes that were the size of grapefruit. Halve & seed, then pour some port into it for a delicious summer dessert*. MMmmmmmm...

*Not chicken friendly
wink.png

Are you feeding the chickens or planning a brunch?
lol.png

I feed mine cold watermelon. They eat it down to the bare shell. In fact, the other day I found an old shell hiding in the coop, it was so thin it had actually curled up.

at $2.50 @ , i won't even buy cantalope for myself.

I was thinking the same thing..I am in NC!! But its good to know they like it. Our girls got watermelon today.​

Well lets just say the chickens are not for a financial venture! LOL! Anything that comes into this house eventually get spoiled (except me dangit
hit.gif
).

I think I'm still trying to win them over...

It really was easy to do, easy clean up when they're done, and if they dont' finish I figure tonight I can stick it in the outside fridge or freeze it for tomorrow .

Back
Top Bottom