Anyone use a "Little Giant"???

I have an LG, I added the fan kit, and got the turner. Before I added the fan, the temps gave me fits. Since I added the fan, they stay pretty constant. I don't seem to have hot and cold spots now, either. Once I got the temp adjusted, it's been stable as heck. Same with the humidity. I agree, get a different thermometer, and get a hygrometer.

The room I have it in is not temp controlled at all. The room is unheated, and uncooled. It hasn't made any difference, I check several times a day. The thermostat turns on the heating element as needed.

I'm not wild about the design. When the turner is in, there's no place to put the thermometer/hygrometer except in the center, where you can't see it through the windows, or in the egg cups, reducing the number of eggs you can set, but allowing you to monitor the temp/hum without opening the 'bator.

At day 18 I remove the turner, put down the rubbery mesh shelf liner, add a dish with wet sponge to raise humidity, and put the eggs in modified foam egg carton bottoms. That way they don't roll around, and the shelf liner gives them a softer landing, and good traction. If any hatch spraddle legged, after couple of days on the shelf liner, they usually straighten up, with no other treatment. I think it lets their legs gain strength from exercise, while preventing injuries because they don't slip and slide. (I tried pipe cleaners and all that, never could get them right.)

Thank you SO MUCH folks! You have all been so very helpful!
I almost have all my eggs gathered-- and am waiting to hear from some folks to order some too...

Wish me luck!
Thanx!!
big_smile.png

OH YES!!

Fudgie-- can I ask the origin of your nickname??
hu.gif

Where we live-- a "Fudgie" is a die-hard tourist who scarfs fudge while perusing the Souvenir shops! LOL!!
gig.gif

I have a tip for the still air incubator LG...Its best to place your eggs in the middle of the incubator..Because at the tips of the incubator is cooler then in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom