Anyone use Bare Minerals?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cat, Oct 15, 2009.

1. cat

cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    I was bought bare minerals and I absolutely love it... but I live in a cold climate. I would like to buy a set for my Mum for christmas but I don't know how well it stays put in the heat. Can anyone help?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Bare Minerals is the best makeup on this planet. Cold, heat, wet, dry, whatever. I use all types of mineral makeup, but Bare Minerals is the best hands down.

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    It's all that I use. I live in Indiana so I get hot and cold weather here. It stays on really well in the heat. However I don't like the Bare Minerals mascara...it runs...

4. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I don't like Bare Minerals itself because I have oily skin and it gets quite greasy. However I love mineral make up. The L'Oreal version is good. My MIL gave me a set of this and it's perfect:

www.terrafirmacosmetics.com

5. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I have yet to use the Bare Minerals brand, but, so far, I LOVE mineral makeup in general. I used it for the first time when trying out makeup for the wedding and don't think I'll go back ever again! I want to try the Bare Minerals brand though since it gets such great reviews!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I am going to purchase the Mary Kay mineral brand to try it - WriterofWords is having an online party!

7. cat

cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Thank you ever so much! It can be a bit tricky trying to buy things for your mum when you live so far apart, I wanted to make sure and get her something that she would actualy use!

I tried the bare minerals on at a department store and loved it, I wouldn't use anything else.

I have found that my oily skin is now clear and spot free and not nearly as oily as it was. I also love the fact that if I get in late I can fall asleep and not worry my skin will be a mess the next day.

What is the average price in US, I am not sure whether to buy it online or buy it here and send it.

Thanks everyone!

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by