Anyone use Biofreeze??

It is much like any other muscle rub but nongreasy. The menthol in the solution causes skin irritation~heat~ and the alcohol evaporating causes a cooling sensation. The sensation of these two feelings keeps one from feeling the underlying muscle or bone pain for awhile.

When used with an oral analgesic, the Biofreeze can override the pain symptom long enough for the oral med to kick in, or can override the pain sensation long enough so that one can move stiff muscles and loosen stiff joints without experiencing pain during the process.

ETA: Family Dollar has a cheaper version that works as good and as long for about $1.65 a jar.

Last edited:
Quote:
Whats the name purty purty pahhhhhleeeeeeze
smile.png
I love biofreeze, but it is expensive.. and I use it till the lidocain kicks in also
wink.png

My chiropractor gave me some sample packets that I have yet to use, with the dire warning not to get it in my eyes or, um, on my privates - "Not that I've done that!" he was quick to point out.
lau.gif

lau.gif
When I was in high school I was putting IcyHot on my calves after a run, and the tube exploded. I was in underwear and it got on my thigh. HOLY HECK! I'm so glad it didn't get higher, because it burned like crazy! Your poor doctor probably forgot to wash his hands *before* going to the bathroom. BioFreeze is pretty strong stuff.

I use BioFreeze to help me get to sleep in the summer if my back is acting up. I can't stand a heating pad if the house is warm, and it works just as well. There is a generic brand in drugstores here called Max Freeze. I don't like the texture as much, but it works well.

I used to use BioFreeze after TKDo workouts..and my master instructor has a thing of it for ppl to use IF they really need it after a workout; only
per his discretion tho

Back
Top Bottom