1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone use Biofreeze??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Randy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    Does it really work good or it is just another gimmick?

2. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    I have used it and I think it works pretty well, but I actually prefer the red Tiger Balm.

3. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

It is much like any other muscle rub but nongreasy. The menthol in the solution causes skin irritation~heat~ and the alcohol evaporating causes a cooling sensation. The sensation of these two feelings keeps one from feeling the underlying muscle or bone pain for awhile.

When used with an oral analgesic, the Biofreeze can override the pain symptom long enough for the oral med to kick in, or can override the pain sensation long enough so that one can move stiff muscles and loosen stiff joints without experiencing pain during the process.

ETA: Family Dollar has a cheaper version that works as good and as long for about $1.65 a jar.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Whats the name purty purty pahhhhhleeeeeeze [​IMG] I love biofreeze, but it is expensive.. and I use it till the lidocain kicks in also [​IMG]

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I like it ok but it's expensive and don't ever get into the shower shortly after you put it on.

6. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    It's a good product been around for a long time. Used by pro massage therpists.

7. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    The Biofreeze works the best for me but Wal-mart carries a brand called Stop Pain that is pretty good.

8. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    My chiropractor gave me some sample packets that I have yet to use, with the dire warning not to get it in my eyes or, um, on my privates - "Not that I've done that!" he was quick to point out. [​IMG]

9. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    [​IMG] When I was in high school I was putting IcyHot on my calves after a run, and the tube exploded. I was in underwear and it got on my thigh. HOLY HECK! I'm so glad it didn't get higher, because it burned like crazy! Your poor doctor probably forgot to wash his hands *before* going to the bathroom. BioFreeze is pretty strong stuff.

I use BioFreeze to help me get to sleep in the summer if my back is acting up. I can't stand a heating pad if the house is warm, and it works just as well. There is a generic brand in drugstores here called Max Freeze. I don't like the texture as much, but it works well.

10. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    I used to use BioFreeze after TKDo workouts..and my master instructor has a thing of it for ppl to use IF they really need it after a workout; only
    per his discretion tho

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by