Anyone use one of those garden awnings over their run?

I have not seen one used but I have been considering the same thing just to give them extra room in the shade and out of the rain/snow.

It will be interesting to see if anyone has pics of one being used.
smile.png

It would just BLOW away here.............. thankfully we have plenty of tree's.

I would think a nice carport/cover would work for those in windy or snowy areas.

Yeah, the wind at my house picked up the anchored portable car port and blew it 1/2 an acre away into our neighbors brush.....it picked up our old Propane BBQ and carried it 3 feet before knocking it over and busting the front glass....it was ruined. I wont be using that. Funny thing is, we use tarp covered kennels as our coops, but they work, and the birds are snug as can be!! We've learned the art of structure and tie down, I tell ya!
If the wind and snow arent issues for you, it might work, otherwise, I think its a very temporary shelter, and theres a reason why theyre free!!
Tina

I'm with tina. They're just not sturdy enough. We ruined one, using it over our dog's kennel. Replaced it with a cheap tarp.

I used a real heavey duty tractor/trailer tarp before,but it seemed t be not very good when it comes to rain or heavey wind, so I changed it to tin roof.
Good Luck.
thumbsup.gif

Omran

Quote:
I use one! I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow. We figured out after our run was built that our chickens needed more shade. So, we decided to use our older canopy that we have had for about 7 years. They are very durable and provide my chickens with the extra shade that I was looking for. We are getting ready to take it down this next week though. They do NOT do well in snow. We have broken one due to heavy snow. Other than that, they are great. We have it anchored to our run. We used zip-ties to attached it to the sides of our run.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom