Anyone use/own a pellet gun (update: got one)

thank you so much

i think i saw the 'gamo whisper' or something on a walmart site. that is what some of you mean, correct. has a permanent silencer on it.

so you folks think i could put down a live trapped coon, opposum, etc with one, eh? I would want that. I am NOT interested in shooting squirrels, chipmunks (and probably not rabbits)..................

i'd like to own something that won't mark me with the us gov't. besides my state is off the wall in the firearm area--as in most other areas..........
roll.png

i live out in the middle of nowhere, btw...........

this is what you mean, correct:
http://www.pyramydair.com/p/gamo-big-cat-1200-air-rifle.shtml#productDescription

Last edited:
I would recommend one, especially if you are like me and live in a densely populated suburb where a higher caliber would not be tolerated by neighbors. I have a Remington Airmaster 77. It only shoots about 750 fps, but I have eliminated critters as big as an opossum. I also use it for cats and squirrels. I would imagine that with the correct placement it could probably kill a raccoon, but you might want something a bit stronger.

Quote:

I have the big cat 1200. I do not have a silencer on it. There is a little pop more like a twang. If you use the hyper velocity pellets they can actually break the sound barrier and you get that rifle "crack" if you use the normal lead pellets you just get the twang.

Quote:
I wonder if maybe a crossbow would be more to your liking? They're strong enough to kill even deer and do not have the paperwork you're concerned about with real firearms.

Jim

i have 5, 2 guns, and 3 rifles, the rifles are better though, the crosman 1077 12 shooter is the best one i have, it uses the cO2 tanks and can shoot 12 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger

Back
Top Bottom