Anyone use.....

We got our first flock spring 2010 (all older gals) and three separate smaller coops (have since added a temporary 4th to house the extra gals I accumulated this summer! LOL But we're building a one-for-all coop converting a shed kit from Home Depot). None of these coops are fancy and insulated and only once did I have a heat source for them during our long, cold winter. They all did very well. One coop was a small kit (cheap Pawhut w/o run), one was bought off Craigslist (homemade construction w/run), and the third I built myself.

The last one, I just had the clear corrugated panels for roofing. I ended up with the most eggs during the winter from this one! Think it was because they managed to get a lot more winter sunlight inside... Anyway, they all seemed to stay nice and toasty! My girls actually got upset when I thought to keep them in lockdown when we had 20" of snow... opened them up and the girls frolicked in the snow before heading back inside to toast their tootsies. They all seemed very happy and contented and after that I still opened them up to let them roam as they will
big_smile.png

Coop I built summer 2010
Chickencoop.jpg

Thanks all.. especially to "YAH" for sharing the link... I guess I will bed them down and hope for the best...
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom