Anyone used Kroeger's Critter Keepers or Carolina Coops? Looking for feedback and recomendations on custom builders.

PugHappy

Chirping
Feb 16, 2021
Central VA
Debating to build own coop or have one custom built. Considering cost
and time (we have the tools). I only see Kroeger's Critter Keepers and Carolina Coops as the most popular options in Central VA area. Any feedback on these two? Also any other custom builders in Central VA area? Considering something similar to the attached but 4x5 coop with a 40sq ft attached run. We are looking at open soffits, gable and ridge venting as well. We have mild winters, hot (100+ degrees) and humid summers and winds from the N/NE (would have those windows with option to close). This is the link: https://carolinacoops.com/shop/penthouse-coop/

Attachments

• 6X8-American-Coop-Penthouse-back.jpg
    6X8-American-Coop-Penthouse-back.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 100
  • 6X8-American-Coop-Penthouse-front.jpg
    6X8-American-Coop-Penthouse-front.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 31
  • American-Coop-Penthouse-4x6-back.jpg
    American-Coop-Penthouse-4x6-back.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 29
  • American-Coop-Penthouse-4x6-front.jpg
    American-Coop-Penthouse-4x6-front.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Debating to build own coop or have one custom built. Considering cost
and time. I only see Kroeger's Critter Keepers and Carolina Coops as the most popular options. Any feedback on these two? Also any other custom builders out there?
Not sure if they deliver just anywhere, so....
Would be good to know......
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1614458511376.png

Not sure if they deliver just anywhere, so....
Would be good to know......
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2547729
Carolina coops goes everywhere. (Though I would imagine you could build a human house for what many people spend on their huge custom coops! Don;t get me wrong, I would get one in a heartbeat if I won the lottery!) Never heard of the other one.

If we knew where you are located, someone might know if a GOOD coop builder in your area.

A good shed builder can often do the job as well, and depending on the builder they may be willing to add in chicken stuff for an extra fee (like I had mine cut and frame the pop opening and install the rails and door).

A good shed builder can often do the job as well, and depending on the builder they may be willing to add in chicken stuff for an extra fee (like I had mine cut and frame the pop opening and install the rails and door).
Yep. Any there are also a lot of "handy man" types that can build about anything you want them to. (You may just need to know what you WANT first. Rather than just acking them to build a chicken coop as they might have NO clue what one NEEDS.)

Back
Top Bottom