Anyone using ORGANIC feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by urbancountrygal, May 14, 2011.

1. urbancountrygal

urbancountrygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    I had just purchased some in Dallas (my friends where there and picked it up for me). It's Coyote Creek but I did find out my local store could order some from Ranchway Feed. No one in my town has it on hand so it has been a headache searching for this stuff. If you use organic, what brand? How do you like it?

2. Trapper Dan

Trapper Dan Out Of The Brooder

I looked into it and it was $37.00 for a 40 lb bag up here. No certified feed is $17.99 so I'm going with the less expensive and have my flock graze as much as possible. After reading Tomorrow's Tables I understand that the standards for organic feed are not 100% across the board so I'm a little apprehensive to shell out the big bucks for what is labeled "certified organic" since a 10% blend will earn the manufacturer of the feed that status. What's the price of the CO reed near you?

3. urbancountrygal

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    The bag I got in Dallas was 49.99 for a 50lb bag [​IMG]. And I was wondering how I was going to afford it. Plus Dallas is 9 hrs away from me. But the feed store that can order it for me is selling it for 22.99 for a 40lb bag:) So much much better.

4. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Do a search for organic feed and you will find lots of discussions. What one person can find around them may not be what another can get. What one person may pay for shipping, will probably be different for another due to distance. What is common is that finding a non pricey local source can be very difficult.

5. urbancountrygal

Apr 28, 2011
    Clovis
    Quote:How much do you pay? And what brand is it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by