Anyone visiting England UK this summer?

Quote:
Until about two months ago, I was on the airlines' "suspected terrorist" list. Seriously! You wouldn't believe the paper work, birth certificate, passport, drivers license, (adnauseum) that I had to fill out/send copies of to prove that I was who I said I was.

Goodness me! how did all that come about?

All it takes is one look at that Greek God body to strike fear into the hearts of men.

Actually I have to honest and say that I love America, but have not been over the pond for numerous years, hubby being a farmer and not wanting to leave his "girls" for too long (cows-sheep-cattle-calves etc etc)
big_smile.png

Quote:
Goodness me! how did all that come about?

All it takes is one look at that Greek God body to strike fear into the hearts of men.

hmmmm everyone appears to know Joe really well...OK tell me everything!
big_smile.png

Quote:

hmmmm everyone appears to know Joe really well...OK tell me everything!
big_smile.png

There was another Joe Bryant, so in their infinite wisdom they put everyone who flies and has the same name on the list. There must have been hundreds of us. It was a REAL invasion of privacy, and there was nothing I could do but give them all sorts of personal information; otherwise, I'd've had to continue spending a lot of time getting through the lines at airports anytime I went somewhere.

Hey English Chick, I have told my DH that before we get so old and unable to get around good i want to visit England. I don't want to see the city though. I want to drive through the countryside and see local things and your pretty green farms and old villages. I might need to contact you and get the scoop on the best way to accomplish this would be. You need to take pictures of your Farm and show us.

I would love to visit England, as I have a friend living there right now (London). He's from India, and he cooks FANTASTIC food. My DH and I would just be eating curry and seeing the Iron Maiden
lol.png

BUT we have three toddlers and too much poultry. Maybe when they are a little older.
hmm.png

I'm from Portland, and the weather is the same in England. I'm sure I wouldn't mind it
smile.png

My family and I (all of my husband's side and the three of us, which makes 10 of us) will be visiting London and Scotland in August this summer. And I will be making my own little side trip to Amsterdam during that time. We will be over the pond for 2 weeks in the middle of August. I hope it stops raining.
wink.png
hee hee...looks like from my probably inaccurate weather tracker, it's been raining a lot. I do like the cooler weather that appears to be there, however.

Last edited:
I am so pleased that so many of you would like to visit England... however understand that all cannot travel..so would you like me to take some pics of our local village (thatched roof cottages etc, very pretty olde worlde village. I will also take some pics from upstairs at my house whereby the views include two castles.. Beeston Castle and Peckforton Castle and the lovely green fields and anything else I think may be of interest to you over the pond. it will be my pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom