Anyone visiting England UK this summer?

Hi English Chick,

My family and I lived in England for 18 months (2004-2005). We lived in Surrey (Frensham, Farnam?) for 6 months and then moved to the NW part just S of Lancaster in a little town called Ellel. Two of our children were in their early years of elementary, one 2nd grade and the other K. WELL, to our surprise they were put in 3rd and 1st grade! I was concerned they would miss some VITAL information but all is well, actually they are doing extremely well, however they did not like English schools due to the teachers they had.

One of the things I miss is the ALWAYS green grass! I was amazed ... even in winter! God blessed us Christmas 2004 when our children saw snow for the first time!!! They made their first Snowman family in the front garden. Do you get snow too? If Liverpool isnt that far from you, I think we wernt too far apart when we were there near Lancaster, were we?

We also actually went to a Christmas Tree Farm down the way and cut our own Charlie Brown Christmas Tree! It was actually a very nice tree! We made all our own ornaments for it, nothing store bought. Great memories. The more I write the more I remember ... oh how I could go on and on! The swans, the baby lambs that sprinkled the green fields that were EVERYWHERE! The lakedistrict very much like the Carolina's here in the States. I need to quit ... LOL

I would love to go back the way we went last time and not as a tourist. I have made great friends with several English couples, and Austrailan couple and several friends now back in Germany!

Yes, I would like to go back! Iwouldnt even mind living there again .... but I think the price of gas and everything else is out of our budget! But one day we will go back! It is a great place NO back experiences at all.

Thanks for bringing back the memories of your great country! ~ Laura

We had planned on visiting again this year, but with the dollar so low it isn't going to happen.
We just had a couple from Chesterfield/Sheffield area spend the week with us. How far is that from you?

Last edited:
I would LOVE to visit jolly old England. One of these days.....

EC - The view you described about seeing the castles in the distance...I can almost see it now.
smile.png

Pictures - pretty please?

Me mam is from Herefordshire and my wife from North Yorkshire... it is fully in our plans to move there someday. We bought our farm here as part of our plans to be expert smallholders by the time we arrive. I think it'll be somewhere in the North Yorks Moors or the Vale of York.

Quote:
Hi Hoosier,

Sheffield is quite a long way from me - Update on hatch so far 5 silver lacewing Wyandottes, 4 white crested polish (but one died this morning!), still waiting on the rest which should start to pip over the week-end (should!!)

Quote:
So glad you enjoyed your time here, Lancaster is about one & half hours drive from me (if the traffic is light!), the UK is so green all the time due to the vast amounts of rain we have, it July and I still have the heating on! cold this morning, and lots of rain yesterday, fingers crossed it brightens up at the week end - the grass needs mowing yet again!

Quote:
Hi contact me with pleasure, I am going to take pics of the local village etc etc keep watching!

Your MUST visit the Cotswolds, a truly stunning part of England old world villages, fab scenery...wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom