Anyone wanna help the newbie? Tips or some advice would be so appreciated!

Well i ended up helping mine out too. just a little bit though. i turns out the hole she made in the shell was so little that when her beak wasn't in the hole the membrane was collapsing on itself and closing the hole. so i chipped a piece away, and pulled the membrane back so her beak was out so she could breathe and put her back in... hope she makes it the rest of the way on her own...

OH and she had no egg tooth... yea....

heres a pic after i "helped"

I'm sure it'll come out soon! I had to help my black chick out. She was trying to get out of her egg but wasn't making progress so I carefully helped her out and she's in the incubator now. She seems a bit weak but I'm guessing thats from trying to get out of her egg? I'm pretty excited about hatching my first chicks
ya.gif
it's pretty cool watching them hatch.

Well i ended up helping mine out too. just a little bit though. i turns out the hole she made in the shell was so little that when her beak wasn't in the hole the membrane was collapsing on itself and closing the hole. so i chipped a piece away, and pulled the membrane back so her beak was out so she could breathe and put her back in... hope she makes it the rest of the way on her own...

OH and she had no egg tooth... yea....

heres a pic after i "helped"
I helped mine more that a little >.< she looked stuck. I was scared to death to help her though because from what I had read you are ABSOLUTELY NOT supposed to help them. But hey she's chirping away right now doing just fine so I must've done something right...Did your chick hatch out yet?

Back
Top Bottom