Anyone want to join my blue egg laying Silkie project?

Thank you so much for answering my question but how can I find out which hen is laying them? This is my little flock. :)

my bet would be on the one in the back just because she looks like my Maple lol. If any of them are Easter eggers or ameraucanas, that's who's laying them

I'm so up set I could just cry. I only had one silkie and she was very little and I found her dead in my coop. Don't know what happened? If my rooster jumped on her or what. Very sad!!! I would love to replace her with a much older silkie and bigger girl.
sad.png

Thank you, they are like my children and she was our favorite with her feathers on her legs and she was so little. I hope i find another silkie but i want an adult and not a baby.

Interested in what the thoughts are to hatching out blue eggs from a silkie. I bought chicks in august from a local lady that had americauna chicks with a few bantam chicks thrown in. The only bantam chick that survived is a small blue silkie that is just started laying. I am assuming she is laying the blue eggs. All my other silkies are purebred. My silkie roosters are 1 calico and 1 red. If i hatch the blue eggs will the hens lay blue eggs and what color will the chicks be?

Back
Top Bottom