Anyone want to play guess the breed?

Wow. Well just goes to show ya, You can own a store for 0ver 100 yrs and still not know much about feed. Maybe they don't have birds of their own. Most of us who do try and find out all the info we can on feeding and caring for our flocks.

UPDATE:

As for mystery duck, I believe it may be a Silver Appleyard but am still waiting for more feathers to confirm

In the past few weeks, I've been rather busy and my addiction has grown! We currently are standing at 28 ducks, in 10 weeks; Yes, you reas that right, 10 weeks! We also have grown our flock, we are now over 60 chicks. I say 60 because that's where I lost count 2 weeks ago😂😂😂

Sadly over the past week we have had 10 fatalities (7 guineas & 3 chicks)😭😭 in searching was due to the feed store, who sold me feed designed for poultry 8+ weeks as chick starter! I did question why my bag didn't say chick starter but was told it was a cheaper but equivalent version. I have now learned to trust my gut, further research anything I'm unsure of, and NEVER TRUST the so called experts! This was a tough/painful lesson to learn as a first time feather mom!

please excuse the mess we are currently cleaning pens
That is a beautiful looking duck. It does look like it might be a silver appleyard. So sorry for your losses. I can never quite understand how stores can sell animals they know little about.

Back
Top Bottom