Anyone want to talk about the new season of Doctor Who?!

Pics
Absolutely! Hello, fellow whovian. I just got finished with "Rosa". I'm loving the season so far. I think it's well written, well acted, and well casted.
Yes!!! I was sad to see Capaldi go, but I'm over that now, and LOVING this new season! I think the writing is still a little stilted at times, but it very much feels like Classic Who. I am especially interested in where they take Graham-- an older widower in remission from cancer is definitely a bit different than the usual companion, and I though he was brilliant in this last episode! Especially since I personally dismissed him a bit before that, I'll admit.

This episode reminded me a lot of Midnight, my all-time favorite episode.
Oh sure, there was a baddy with science and whatever, but what they were REALLY fighting was human nature and plain, in-your-face racism.

Yes!!! I was sad to see Capaldi go, but I'm over that now, and LOVING this new season! I think the writing is still a little stilted at times, but it very much feels like Classic Who. I am especially interested in where they take Graham-- an older widower in remission from cancer is definitely a bit different than the usual companion, and I though he was brilliant in this last episode! Especially since I personally dismissed him a bit before that, I'll admit.
Every time I think I have managed to figure out which doctor is my favourite, I re-watch old episodes and go back to being unable to decide. Capaldi was definitely magnificent. I haven't watched Classic Who, but I would if I knew where to watch it.
I like Graham. He's funny. I really hope they do more with Yaz, though. I want to see her backstory. Also, is it just me or do you think Ryan and Yaz are going to end up together?

Oh sure, there was a baddy with science and whatever, but what they were REALLY fighting was human nature and plain, in-your-face racism.
Too right. I loved how inventive Midnight was.

Every time I think I have managed to figure out which doctor is my favourite, I re-watch old episodes and go back to being unable to decide. Capaldi was definitely magnificent. I haven't watched Classic Who, but I would if I knew where to watch it.
I like Graham. He's funny. I really hope they do more with Yaz, though. I want to see her backstory. Also, is it just me or do you think Ryan and Yaz are going to end up together?
Amazon prime, Brit Box channel.
I already named one of my Whovichickens after Yaz. I can't tell where her and Ryan are going, but I won't complain if they end up a couple. Amy and Rory were a totally iconic couple, as were Martha and Mickey by the end--I could have seen more of them together honestly. I don't mind couples in the Tardis! I hope we get more of her story too.

I was amazed at how candid they were about the attitudes of the time. It's a sobering reminder of how things were and still are in respects.

Amazon prime, Brit Box channel.
I already named one of my Whovichickens after Yaz. I can't tell where her and Ryan are going, but I won't complain if they end up a couple. Amy and Rory were a totally iconic couple, as were Martha and Mickey by the end--I could have seen more of them together honestly. I don't mind couples in the Tardis! I hope we get more of her story too.
Don't you have to pay extra for that?
Loved Martha and Mickey. I too wish that they stuck around for more than the regeneration episode, and I also want to know what happened to Tom Milligan. Did he die? Or did they just go their separate ways?
As long as it doesn't turn into drama, I'm okay with it. I didn't like some of the Amy/Rory storyline but it was good as a whole.

Hey, @CSAchook , get over here.

Back
Top Bottom