Anyone Want to Test my Suspected Bad Feed on Your Egg Laying Hens?

Btw, I have "bad" feed samples. Sending on Monday. However, I don't think it will make any difference. Results won't appease anyone.

This has been an interesting social experiment, though. It's shown me that folks will believe what they want to believe, even when faced with truths.

I feel very defeated.
Don't feel defeated. Some of us really want to see real data. Thank you for doing so.

Btw, I have "bad" feed samples. Sending on Monday. However, I don't think it will make any difference. Results won't appease anyone.

This has been an interesting social experiment, though. It's shown me that folks will believe what they want to believe, even when faced with truths.

I feel very defeated.
You shouldn't feel defeated. You are doing a good thing! People may not change their beliefs based on your test results, especially with so many lies in circulation concerning public health, but it will still be interesting. I think more testing and information is better, and then the reader can sift through to determine what they believe to be true.

Last edited:
Probably?!
Yes, probably. Hard to re-create data after the fact, you know? Four new sacks were put into two feed bins one week ago. Two of the sacks did not have batch labeling (bad on ya, Purina!). Had no reason to note which sacks went into which bin because egg laying problem had not yet occurred. My intent in this experiment is not necessarily to do a deep dive into tracing alleged bad feed back to the day it was mixed at the source, but rather to determine if the feed that seems to be causing problems for my hens will do the same for other hens. Disclaimer again: "this is a loosely controlled experiment".

P.S. - You can bet I'll more closely track feed sack batch numbers in the future!

Two of the sacks did not have batch labeling (bad on ya, Purina!
I'm not certain Purina makes Producer's Pride. In some cases Purina doesn't make Purina. And I would put that bad on you for not checking before purchase.
You can bet I'll more closely track feed sack batch numbers in the future!
Lesson learned. Good on you.

I'm not certain Purina makes Producer's Pride. In some cases Purina doesn't make Purina.
Wow, you are right that the fact is not so easy to find on a quick web search! So, I just called the phone number on the Producer's Pride feed bag and they said, "Almost all of the Tractor Supply chicken feed is made by Purina, including the SKU number for the mini pellets".
1676051413111.png

And I would put that bad on you for not checking before purchase.
You are so right! This goes back to a lesson I learned in the Navy and need to re-learn from time to time: "People don't do what you EXpect; they do what you INspect!"

Wow, you are right that the fact is not so easy to find on a quick web search! So, I just called the phone number on the Producer's Pride feed bag and they said, "Almost all of the Tractor Supply chicken feed is made by Purina, including the SKU number for the mini pellets".
View attachment 3401315

You are so right! This goes back to a lesson I learned in the Navy and need to re-learn from time to time: "People don't do what you EXpect; they do what you INspect!"
I like that saying.

Back
Top Bottom