Anyone want to vent about Feed Store Mixups???!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ragerkid2, May 23, 2011.

1. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    I myself had a feed store mix up. Post your chick mix ups complaints about the store, mean managers ALL the bad stuff. This is ventig 101!

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    The only feed store that sells chicks down here that I can get to is OK feeds. The conditions and handling that their birds go through are terrible! I went there about two years ago, and in the chick cages there were dead birds that the others were stepping on, everyone was crammed together... ugh. And the quality is just terrible.
    ETA I remembered something else... i bought three white leghorn pullets, two were roos. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  3. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    I once ordered silkies and got a bunch of D'uccles instead. I wasn't too happy, but the D'uccles were soooooo sweet I didn't complain.

4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I purchased 9 "pullets" from the pullet pen, they all grew up to be beautiful Br and Australorp ROOS...what are the chances, they didn't know how old, where they came from or what they were...that was my intro to chickens last year. We raised them , sold them/gave away and started all over....NOW I have some pullets thanks goodness! UGH!

5. Macyeggs

Macyeggs New Egg

May 12, 2011
    We decided to start with 12 chicks. We got 10 from our local tractor supply and 2 from a friend. We paid extra to have pullets instead of straight run. We now have 4 roos from the 10 that were said to be pullets. And we didnt want any roos! Now what do we do?

6. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:We sold our roos at a local livestock auction...got good money for them too. A friend took one. Craigslist? Good luck, I feel your pain!

7. Macyeggs

Macyeggs New Egg

May 12, 2011
    I took pictures of them last night and I am planning on putting them up on Craigslist! Just so mad i paid extra for something we didnt want! two of them are so pretty i wish my husband would let me keep one!

8. Teeah3612

Teeah3612 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    West Virginia
    I made my husband agree to send any roos to freezer camp before deciding to get chickens. [​IMG]

9. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    they only sell crumbles no pellets.

Other than that, they are the nicest people, they often give me discounts and they store is always clean.

10. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    Anyone els?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by