Anyone with a Three-Legged-Cat? I am a wreck deciding what to do with my boy....

Yes he is and he is a real charactor
Here he is stealing our granddaughters chair! Having half a tail never bothered him one bit. I know its not the same as not having a leg. He stopped climbing up high on things but that is all. He is a darling old boy now . Hope all goes well and to plan.

Surgery is over – he's one less leg. He got through without complications and he's resting at the hospital now. Apparently he got his claws into some of the nurses so they had to put an e collar on him.
icon_sad.gif
But otherwise, it's good news… He may be down a leg, but he's down a tumor too.

thumbsup.gif
E. collars also keep him from licking on his incision. He'll be much happier when he comes home.

The collor is a major good thing as Teddy lost his tail because he chewed a wound on it that became infected. So don;t worry about the collor. The nurses are fine with getting clawed they know it is just because he is scared and sore and not doing it because of nastyness. They understand , we can all lash out when we are in pain.

Anyhow love and good wishes to you both - now to get on the road to recovery! - you know we all need pics posted of the patient !

Oes

The collor is a major good thing as Teddy lost his tail because he chewed a wound on it that became infected. So don;t worry about the collor. The nurses are fine with getting clawed they know it is just because he is scared and sore and not doing it because of nastyness. They understand , we can all lash out when we are in pain.

Anyhow love and good wishes to you both - now to get on the road to recovery! - you know we all need pics posted of the patient !

Oes

Of course, when I pick him up at 10AM I will take some and send them. I am told that my first week will be very hard (to see him like that and all) so, I hope I can manage!

Alright guys, Fang is at home.

I started a blog at Tripawds forums about Fang's transition to life on three legs to help other people who may find themselves in my position. It helped me a lot to read all of your stories and I thought it might help someone to read about Fang and learn from our experience. So, if ever you guys feel like an update on Fangers, check out http://cldavis.tripawds.com/ .

In short, Fang is home - he was super peeved at first due to his collar, and then hours later due to getting all wrapped up in his onesie in some unexplainable way - so, since we're not leaving him alone anyhow, we just decided to take it all off. He's not at all interested in the staples anyway - not today anyhow.

So, after his super aggressive run-ins with the cone and onesies, and after hiding under the bed for a while, he suddenly decided to come out from under there and hop onto joeys lap (he was sitting on the floor) - and then, when that wasn't comfortable, he jumped right up onto the bed to sleep. I am amazed at how well he is doing on a very drugged out day 1. I'm so glad - I hope that progress continues to go this well.

Last edited:
Aw, bless his heart. Usually day three is when the itchiness kicks in. Keep an eye on him! If he is wearing a patch-don't allow him to get his mouth on it. The number one reason many vets don't use a patch is because cats will take them off and accidentally ingest the drug.

Glad he's doing well. He's a handsome cat!

Aw, bless his heart. Usually day three is when the itchiness kicks in. Keep an eye on him! If he is wearing a patch-don't allow him to get his mouth on it. The number one reason many vets don't use a patch is because cats will take them off and accidentally ingest the drug.

Glad he's doing well. He's a handsome cat!

ugh I had no idea. I think they had a cast type thing on it, but he had taken that off before we even got him out of the cat carrier. The patch it really well taped on there though and he doesnt seem to be messing with it. I will for sure watch him.

Back
Top Bottom