Anyone with a Three-Legged-Cat? I am a wreck deciding what to do with my boy....

Well done Fang, keep up the good work
hugs.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!! He is lovely - so glad you didn't euthanise isn't it all worth it now!!!!!! A few weeks down the line and he won't even remember all of this and life as a tripod will seem the most "normal" thing in the world!!!!!!!
life with disability is GOOD! Far better than no life!
Take care
OES -You made the right call!!!!!!

I have bookmarked fang's page. I think this is a good thing you did and are doing. I am proud of you.

Alright guys, Fang is at home.

I started a blog at Tripawds forums about Fang's transition to life on three legs to help other people who may find themselves in my position. It helped me a lot to read all of your stories and I thought it might help someone to read about Fang and learn from our experience. So, if ever you guys feel like an update on Fangers, check out http://cldavis.tripawds.com/ .

In short, Fang is home - he was super peeved at first due to his collar, and then hours later due to getting all wrapped up in his onesie in some unexplainable way - so, since we're not leaving him alone anyhow, we just decided to take it all off. He's not at all interested in the staples anyway - not today anyhow.

So, after his super aggressive run-ins with the cone and onesies, and after hiding under the bed for a while, he suddenly decided to come out from under there and hop onto joeys lap (he was sitting on the floor) - and then, when that wasn't comfortable, he jumped right up onto the bed to sleep. I am amazed at how well he is doing on a very drugged out day 1. I'm so glad - I hope that progress continues to go this well.

I have a cat with a crippled leg, Hoppy. He was named that from his previous parents and it just stuck when we got him (er... when me and my brother smuggled him in). We assume that his front leg was broken when he was thrown out of a car, or something similar. It healed crooked and we're 99% sure he doesn't even have feeling in it. He still has the limb, but he cannot use it. Part of it drags on the ground and sometimes bleeds, so if it were to be amputated that would be one reason, the other being the limb is simply useless. He gets around fine, he can hunt, climb trees, run, the only thing is he's a little lopsided when he walks :)

I'll be interested to see how Fang (brave boy!) does as a tripod and after surgery. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom