Anyone with honeybees, a garden and advice

Now I feel silly. I love my mountains so I should’ve known that but never really been to New York just drive through it every five years. Sounds beautiful though

Oh Rachel, how do you live without a water hose outside? Our first year gardening I watered by hand also because we had not installed our water well on our rural property. That watering turned out to be a way to keep the plants from dying but they didn’t thrive. Plants that are stressed and struggling are a magnet for pests.
We live without a water hose because we were told it would be at least $700 to get installed. And that $700 that needs to go towards the new AC. Because as much as I hate hauling 5 gallon buckets in and out of the house when it’s 90 some degrees and there’s no air conditioning is worse. We have a water barrel but cannot use a hose on it because the garden is uphill. We’re thinking About adding a Nother one across from the garden off of the shed. Trust me it is exhausting between having to water the garden 18 tickets to pigs in for goats. I’ve gained some muscles though. LOL

Rachel, is there any way you can buy a hose adapter for an indoor faucet? Then run the hose out the window? I would do what ever it takes to get outside water, even if you have to "think outside the box".
Oh trust me we’ve thought outside and in every corner of the box. We thought of that too but the only faucet that is within about 200 feet of the gardenIs the one faucet that does not work. All the rest on the back of the house and I need about 5 to 600 feet of hose to reach it there. We are looking into how to use the holding tank for our well. I think there is something you can hook up to it and use it off the drain but we’re still looking into it

Thankfully, my hubby is a jack of all trades, including plumbing, and some electrical. We built our home, so, he does all of the upgrades. But, some of the things I consider important are not necessarily on his radar.

Back
Top Bottom