Anyone with recent experience with shipped chicks from Cackle?

My 5 EE and 4 Royal Palm Turkeys arrived today from Cackle! :frow
And my Isbars and Crested Cream Legbars from Greenfire farms. ( A Pita Pinta must have jumped into the box before they taped it up, because it wanted to come live with me too! He wasn't even on the packing list, LOL!)
Here's 2 pics of 2 EE and a picture of them all together. (I have them in a small area just for today.)
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1489.JPG

Last edited:
My 5 EE and 4 Royal Palm Turkeys arrived today from Cackle! :frow
And my Isbars and Crested Cream Legbars from Greenfire farms. ( A Pita Pinta must have jumped into the box before they taped it up, because it wanted to come live with me too! He wasn't even on the packing list, LOL!)
Here's 2 pics of 2 EE and a picture of them all together. (I have them in a small area just for today.)
View attachment 2628411View attachment 2628413View attachment 2628414
Yay!🥰 Great news. Congratulations on all the new babies! Love Pita Pintas!
I am trying to get through to Hawaii Ag, because all chick and hatching egg orders have to be approved (proof of permits) before they continue on their way. They have to go through today in order to get to me by tomorrow (on an outer island).
This way I will at least know they are on the way. Fingers crossed tightly.🤞

Ok just got ahold of the Ag dept and chicks arrived in Honolulu today, on their way to me, should be here first thing in the morning. The rep from Ag said they pulled one dead chick out 🙁, but the others looked good. (they actually inspect the box and verify what is in it before sending it on it's way. Very strict regulations here about what can be imported).
Hopefully the rest can make it, it will be just inside of the 3 day mark when they get here.

Ok just got ahold of the Ag dept and chicks arrived in Honolulu today, on their way to me, should be here first thing in the morning. The rep from Ag said they pulled one dead chick out 🙁, but the others looked good. (they actually inspect the box and verify what is in it before sending it on it's way. Very strict regulations here about what can be imported).
Hopefully the rest can make it, it will be just inside of the 3 day mark when they get here.
It's nice that they pull dead ones. Is that normal or just something they did this time?

It's nice that they pull dead ones. Is that normal or just something they did this time?
They normally do. They have to open the box anyway to make sure nothing illegal is in the box. It is another 24 hours though before I get them, so there could be more that perish.

So the chicks arrived! Picked them up about two hours ago at the post office. Did not wait for them to call me, went as soon as they were open and there they were. Even though the tracking still said they were arriving tomorrow night. There was one more dead in the box unfortunately, but all the others so far are alive. There are three that are looking poorly, so they are in a separate brooder with a red heat lamp instead of the brooder plate so I can keep a better eye on them. Hopefully they’ll bounce back from the long trip.🥰
748D97B5-61D5-4E9C-8F9D-8D2712E32FEF.jpeg
2BF05A5D-53E3-46FF-A90D-541A3A24AC0D.jpeg
BD777AD4-84F6-46C7-A37C-E83B58F2036A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom