Anyone with SUMMER PROJECTS!!!!!?????

Nupine

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
Ohio
Ok, does anyone here have summer projects? Post here! I want to hear them! They can be ones you are working on now, just finishing, starting soon, finishing or starting this summer, whatever. They can be chicken related, farm, house, whatever. Just post!!!!!!!!!!

Here are mine:
Finish up our 4 breeding pen coop.
Put new roof and floor in our 8'x8' coop and paint it red and fix window and door and clean. It is currently housing our turkens, but needs to be fix, the floor bounces when you step on it!!
PLANT GARDEN! Last year ours got abandoned, but this year we will have potatoes, onions, strawberries, lettuce, green beans, apples, watermelon, cantalope, and more.
Finish painting garage.
Fix goat fence [hopefully]. I am sick of putting stakes, wire, hay ties, fence pieces, etc. in everyday to keep our goats in. I am fixing one little spot like everyday.
Build new goat door. I have built the barn floorr up so much the door is stuck and won't close or pen all the way.
Build nice large goat feeder. I am now using a $25 ''homemade'' goat feeder that I have had for 18 months and it is ugly, wastes hay, and even 15 month old Stella climbs in it. That one is urgent.
Fix one of the horse pens that connects to the stall. The two fence posts are like falling over.
Finish buying the Amish Furniture for my room instead of the girly set I have had a long, long time. Yaah!!
Get me hardwood amish floor instead of my old pink dirty carpet. Yaah!!!
Paint my walls LIME GREEN, they are plain ol' white. Yaah!!!!!
Build a chicken brooder. A conveinent one.
CLEAN GARAGE!!!!!!!!!! It is currently half junk pile/half chicken coop.
That is all I can think of for now.
Ashlyn

Okay, I'm feeling a little lazy compared to you LOL but.... here's my list.

Work ugh
make a run for the chicks.
make two coops and runs for the orps and favs
secure fencing for future goats.
clean/organize porch (makeshift garage)
finish unpacking (we moved 2 months ago!!!)
fix big girl coop and move it.
Entertain 3 children
tongue.png

Well.............

Put the border up around the flower bed at the front of the house. Using those cement test cylinders. After 5 they start getting really heavy!

Do the same thing for the rose garden at the back of house.

Install and paint the "picket" fence around the veggie garden to keep "Bunnucla" out.
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Install a drainage pipe to 1) water the weeping willow 2) prevent all the run-off down the hill

Build a small flower garden around the quail house.

Make covers for the rain barrels to keep the misquitoes out.

Fix the blackberry trellis. It's nothing more than a boxspring thats had the fabric burnt off.

Install borders around the chicken fence.

Plant the willow for the willow fence.

Keep up the garden

Canning, canning, canning.

After all that I'll need to go back to work to rest!!

We moved onto our property right after Christmas
yippiechickie.gif
We had to tear down an old house - we have saved most of the wood and tin which is really helping with my chicken coop and run.

The short list:

Work (I just got a promotion and I start the new position tomorrow)

Run my 3 boys whereever they need to go - camp, friends, football, etc.

Finish chicken coop & run

Get chickens (for eggs and meat)

Build incubator and attempt to hatch

Finishing cleaning up old house we tore down

Decide what trees we want to cut down & then cut them

Figure out where and plant garden

Start clearing part of the woods at the back to extend our backyard

There are so many things I want to do on our property, but I know it will take more than just this summer - it will probably take the next several years

We have a huge list!

Fence and plant veggie garden.
Finish new coop that will be built Monday.
CLEAN BASEMENT-never gets done, really needs it.
Completely remodel 100+ yo house
smile.png

Ok, I'm game!
I need to:

Buy a house in VA (800 miles away)
Pack my house
Get copies of all dr/school/important papers
Move household, dogs, cats, kids, ferret, turtles, fish, snake, and chickies
Paint/repair house - whatever needs to be done
Unpack
Settle kids, dogs, cats, ferret, turtles, fish, snake, and chickies
Find me a job
Build new coop at new house
Enroll kids in new school
Find new Doctors
Get used to new area
Find nearest TSC!

Hmmmm, think that's it. We'll see. Good luck to everyone else!!! Steph

Funny, I just made a loooong list this past weekend, but it's things to do much sooner than over the summer. We'll just say that my husband and son were struck speechless when I posted it on the wall.
big_smile.png

Actually, my son tried to tiptoe around it, in hopes that if he didn't acknowledge it, that it would go away, no doubt. And my husband finally, 3 days later, asked if it all had to be done in a few days time. lol!

It's hard to get everything done here, so I hope that the list, with check boxes next to the items and all, will help everyone to use what free time we have to do what I really feel needs doing the most.

No, I don't think you want my somewhat lengthy list, but at least I don't feel alone now!
smile.png

I am such a doofus! I ordered a pawpaw and a bunch of strawberry plants. When the package arrived, the only thing on the packing sheet was the pawpaw. I assumed the other plant material was packing to keep the pawpaw warm. So I tossed the packing into the compost pile.

I called the nursery today to see when the strawberries would be shipped.
lol.png
The "packing" was the strawberries! They were very sweet, didn't make fun of me, and offered to ship a new set for me - without charge.

So my next project will be planting the strawberries!!

My projects are:

Plant the garden
Move one large pond
Finish another pond
Build about five outside pens for the chickens
Repair one outside pen - make that two!
Start culling process of older chicks - meaning picking out the ones I will keep and putting the others up for sale. I already see lot's of roo's!!!!!

I will not get it all done! The garden is first - with chick hatching in between!!!

Back
Top Bottom