ANYTHING CHICK!!

Thanks! I love my orpington! She's really friendly, she'll follow me around the yard. I used to give her treats on the porch, so now whens in the yard, she will wait by the French doors for treats. So spoiled! the funny thing about her is that she's the loudest

Last edited:
I picked an orpington because they are supposed to be very friendly and that is what I am looking for, friendly birds who will lay. Minus the silkies, they are just for looking cute.

Yeah, buffs are really friendly and lay a lot, (except during winter) silkier I've heard, are more for showing, because they get broody, but I'm new to chickens.

This is a picture of my buff at my door

Silkies are good for hatching eggs too which i may or may not do down the line. I considered showing my silkies but I think most of them are roo's anyways from how they behave. Oh well *shruggs* first and foremost they are just spoiled pets who's one job is to be cute and they do that job very very well. Even the layer hens I ordered are mostly for pets...but pets with benifits, like making breakfast.

Are these your first chickens?Mine are, I have 6, a buff orpington, 2easter eggers, and 3 golden wyandottes. One easter eggers lays blue eggs, the other green

Technically they aren't my first chickens. I have had chickens and ducks before but when I was with my parents. We had a mix of 10 bantams, 1 polish, a Red sexlinks, and two mutts plus 3 ducks and 2 turkeys.

These are the first chickens I have gotten on my own though and the first time i have to look after them since my parents took care of the ones I grew up with. Also haven't had chicks since I was about 13 years old and in middle school so this has been interesting for me learning about things I never knew when you are just the hyper kid who can ignore the chicks until you want to play with them. like how much 4 tiny mouths can eat in a single day...even if those mouths are far from tiny now. So far I am utterly hooked on my chickens and can't wait to get the others in April. I am literally counting down to the day and groaning every time I realize only one day has passed.

I just got 4 of the cutest little babies, and getting 4 more tomorrow. We got a buff oprington, gold & black sexlink, and a barred rock. Tomorrow we are going to go pick up some cute easter egger chicks! We're so excited.

Someone asked me if I went to a professional place to take these pics.. haha, nope! I was holding them against my jeans and took a pic on my phone, then messed with the contrast on some random editing app. I love my chicks!!! Even though they don't quite have names yet. . .

Back
Top Bottom