Anything I'm doing Wrong??

caral07

Songster
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Ruston Louisiana
So it is about to be hatchicng time, or at least I think.I got 6 turkey eggs from a friend that said they were 1 week into incabating when I got them. So they have been in my little giant still air incabator at 65 degrees at about 100 to 102 degrees. I had candeled them, and figured out when she said 1 week in incabation she must have meant 2. So tomarrow will be lockdown and I candeled the eggs and found that they are ready to hatch because the egg is completly black but the air cell. Normaly during lockdown I take the egg turner out and lay the eggs flat on the wire, then raise the humidity to 70-75. Even when doing this usually only 1/4 hatch which is very low
barnie.gif
. Am I doing anything wrong? I really want a good hatch because this is my only chance at getting more turkeys mainly a hen for my gobbler.

Quote:
" little giant still air incabator at 65 degrees at about 100 to 102 degrees".......which is it???? Still air should be 101.5 degrees

70-75% humidity seems high....I hatch at about 65%...as the chicks hatch, that spikes off & on.

There is a turkey forum here...check there for more info.

" little giant still air incabator at 65 degrees at about 100 to 102 degrees", If you meant 65% humidity, that seems a little high for the incubation period also.

Back
Top Bottom