Anything special for Broody Hen?

ChickenMama1988

Chirping
Aug 10, 2022
I have broody hen and we can’t wait for her to hatch babies!! My concern is we are going away for 5 days. I have someone coming at night to fill their feeder and put fresh water in the waterer. But is there anything special i should be having them do for my broody girl? i’m worried about her not eating and drinking while we are gone!

It depends on your set up. Is she in with your flock? Then eggs that were not in the original set eggs need picked. She will get up for food and water about once a day when no one is looking. When I have broodies I put them in large cages or dog crates and push them off the nest once a day, but when we will be gone for 5 days I will put enough food and water in the cage to last the whole time we are gone.

It depends on your set up. Is she in with your flock? Then eggs that were not in the original set eggs need picked. She will get up for food and water about once a day when no one is looking. When I have broodies I put them in large cages or dog crates and push them off the nest once a day, but when we will be gone for 5 days I will put enough food and water in the cage to last the whole time we are gone.
right now she is sitting on and empty nest, we will be getting fertilized eggs when we come back! the other girls lay the box furthest from her .. she isn’t caged so as long as i know she won’t starve herself i know she will be okay

Back
Top Bottom