Anywhere online that is not sold out??

mollychick2013

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2013
We are wanting to get some more baby chicks, I am not finding anything local and online everywhere is sold out. Is there any online baby chick hatchery that is not sold out?

Choices and availability is very limited in fall. Whether hatcheries or top breeders of fancy fowl, fall is the time of year that flocks are examined, birds slow down dramatically in laying, older birds moult and breeding pens have long been broken up. The demand is very low as well.

This is natural, for North America anyhow. Daylight hours are decreasing and winter is coming. The hatcheries and breeders won't put their breeders back together until the first of the year. Right now, it is decision time. What birds go and which birds stay.

Hope this helps in understanding why few chicks are available this time of year.

I got chicks from Ideal last week. RIR, BO, SS, barred and white rocks. They seemed to have a good selection when I placed the order, and the chickens came overnight and were healthy.

Maybe try Welp Hatchery. We got 28 Red stars end of August and it looked like they had many more ship dates avail. All 28 of our chicks are doing great, not one death, and all have been extremely healthy. I would definitely buy from them again. Oh and their prices include shipping, they were very well priced.

Certain breeders have a nice availability right now. Just check online for breeders near you. Breeders are not hatcheries but they ship out and have no minimum order usually. I get silkies so I use silkie breeders. Just check online for type of birds you want and try private breeders. I have three coming soon from breeder. Breeders usually have a great availability now. Its spring when they get limited availability. You might want to give a breeder a try. Chicks from most breeders are around 15 dollars a chick but they usually have a nice quality of bird. You might want too look into it?

FYI,

I was in Rural King this past Sunday, and they had day old chicks. Three water troughs worth.
This is in Bloomington, Indiana.

Did you find your chicks?if so where? If not do give the breeders online a try. They ship out to you and chicks are not usually very expensive. Most breeders have a good availability right now. That's how I'm getting mine. Just wondering if you were successful in finding your babies online yet? Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom