APA Master Breeder for Sebastopol?

EmAbTo48

Songster
8 Years
Jul 9, 2011
Northern Wisconsin
I have been looking locally for Sebastopol Geese for our hobby farm, put a craigslist ad and found a APA Master Breeder plus Master Exhibtor. If I was to buy a pair from this flock and particular breeder, what would that mean for the two I buy to me? I don't plan to show these birds, however if they give me goslings I would sell them.

I am just wondering since the price for the 2 is more than any other hatchery/breeder I have found.

Would you buy these?

There is a "potential" for high quality off spring from their flock. You might want to have proof of the "master" claims, and it would need to be beyond written on their web site for me.

I did go on APA and the name of the breeder with number for the Exhibtor Master is correct. But yes for how much is being asked for them I would want proof of course.

Would you buy a pair if all was true about the breeder for 300? I will have to think about it since these are just for a hobby farm it might be over kill to buy something for that much.....

And when you mean "potential" like a 50/50 shot lol?!
There is a "potential" for high quality off spring from their flock. You might want to have proof of the "master" claims, and it would need to be beyond written on their web site for me.

$300 for a pair of high quality Sebastopols is very cheap.

If you buy from this breeder, take advantage of the opportunity to pick his brains.

And, hey. At least think about going to a couple of shows. It is a fun hobby.

I paid a similar amount for my first trio and also got to learn an awful lot by visiting the breeder. Hopefully we might breed our first this year but I considered it was worth paying the extra for the quality of birds that I wanted
wink.png

Its still an OK deal as they may settle and breed this Spring and if not more than likely next year. If you produced youngsters this year it can be looked on as a bonus. Perhaps you can ask for more details of parents and pictures of the actual birds?

Its still an OK deal as they may settle and breed this Spring and if not more than likely next year. If you produced youngsters this year it can be looked on as a bonus. Perhaps you can ask for more details of parents and pictures of the actual birds?

This is what I was given for a pictures.
I am not expert on geese. So to me I think they look like ones I would get from another not so big breeder lol!

Last edited:
Im also no expert and not based in the USA. However they do look like very nice birds with good heads, balanced bodies and full feathering. Would you be able to see them before purchase or do they have to be shipped? Im hoping some other Sebastopol owners will give you their opinion so your decision is more balanced and informed. Best of luck with them if you do decide to go ahead
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom