Photos of fancy greylag x swan goose crosses

HawllyHawk

In the Brooder
Jan 10, 2024
Hi all!

After an absurd amount of reading I'm planning on adding geese to my flock later this spring and my goal is to include a few different greylag and swan goose breeds. As of current I'm going to be getting a buff gander, an African goose, a white Chinese goose, and a brown Chinese goose from a hatchery. A family friend heard I was planning on geese and since the hatch date of the birds I'm getting is only a few days off from when she plans on having some pure bred tufted buff and Sebastopol goslings hatch she offered me an unsexed gosling of each breed.

I hope to do some breeding projects with my geese down the line and though I know greylags and swan geese interbreed readily and produce fully fertile offspring all I can find is pictures of average looking greylag x average looking swan goose. I can't seem to find any photos of the birds that result from buffs, tufted birds, and Sebastopols crossing with swan goose breeds! I have done a lot of research on the genetics of domestic geese and feel I have a decent understanding of how the genetics for curled feathers, buff coloring, and tuftedness work in greylags, and while that allows me to predict what the first and subsequent generations of hybrid goslings could look like, I would love to see actual photos of the crosses in question!

thanks in advance! :)

Definitely interested to see updates; I love hybrid geese but I most often see "mutts" where they're just randomly interbreeding rather than deliberate efforts to cultivate hybrid lineages with defined genetics. Always wanted to see what, say, show quality Dewlap Tolouses and Super Africans would look like crossed.

Back
Top Bottom