I live with 3 border collies and if they didn't have a yard and do agility 3 times weekly they'd be climbing the walls. Rat terriers and jack russel terriers have similar energy levels. Super smart and trainable but nuts if you can't spend the time to give them a job or a sport.

People that have min pins seem to love them but they are 98% attitude. Major barkers but super loyal to their family members.

A boston terrier is usually a friendly, silly friend. If you train them to walk and hike from a young age and build up their endurance, they can be quite athletic and active. Because they have a short muzzle, you do have to be considerate when it gets hot outside. I have an 8 year old pekingese who is similar in terms of endurance and she can do 2-3 miles when it's warm and 5-7 when it's cool. My friend who has bostons says her dogs are up to play but also will konk out and snuggle on the couch.

Other medium sized guys that I haven't seen mentioned: American Eskimo, Shiba Inu, Wheaton terrier, sheltie... to name a few

Back
Top Bottom