Apologetic Neighbor

Jimin

Songster
Feb 8, 2019
I’m a bad neighbor.

My girls are really loud since it’s getting warmer and my dad has been doing house construction for the past 2 months now. My tiny dog keeps running outside into the street and I always chase after him barefoot. We can’t go anywhere because of covid-19 and all my neighbors stay home too.

I already gave one of my neighbors, let’s call him Christian, a dozen eggs and a very apologetic letter about a month ago. He said no worries. But I still feel guilty because one of the girls got in his yard and I had to sprint over there to go and grab her TT.

I also feel bad for our other neighbors who recently moved into the house next door. They’ve been doing construction too but they’re still not as disruptive as my girls. They’re usually not like this but since it’s getting warmer they’ve been laying more frequently and they squawk a lot because of it.

I’m planning on giving my new neighbors some eggs but I feel like I should give Christian something too. I’m planning on having a picnic with my mom tomorrow. So maybe I’ll make him a sandwich?? I don’t know. I’m not used to having neighbors. Suggestions are greatly appreciated ☺️

Maybe you're worrying too much. If your neighbour was happy for some eggs then keep that up once in a while. If you're other neighbours are building then they may also feel conscious about the noise they are making. The saying good fences make good neighbours is a good one. Make your boundaries secure. It will keep your hens safe and stop them escaping. Chickens can be noisy when they lay there eggs but it's nothing compared to having a cockeral crowing! Talk to your neighbours about any concerns. They may be happy for some eggs once in a while!

Maybe you're worrying too much. If your neighbour was happy for some eggs then keep that up once in a while. If you're other neighbours are building then they may also feel conscious about the noise they are making. The saying good fences make good neighbours is a good one. Make your boundaries secure. It will keep your hens safe and stop them escaping. Chickens can be noisy when they lay there eggs but it's nothing compared to having a cockeral crowing! Talk to your neighbours about any concerns. They may be happy for some eggs once in a while!
I forgot to mention this but a couple of days ago my dad was setting some dead tree branches on fire and a lot of the smoke went to Christian’s side. He complained and we felt so sorry about it because the fire wouldn’t die down until 9 hours later 💀

We fixed our fence recently so none of my girls can ever wander over there anymore but now it’s just this awkward silence? i don’t know maybe I am overthinking this but then again I’m bored and alone with my thoughts so 🥴

anyways if I have my neighbors eggs how many would be appropriate 1/2 a dozen, a dozen, or more?? I kinda wanted to give him a sandwich but idk what he likes. Might make both my neighbors Korean fried chicken instead 🥴👍

CCUK, this is really good advice. I also have neighbors that are closer than I would like and after 22 years, there are little things that really get on my nerves. I forgive them and forget because that is what my religion teaches me and all in all they are good people. If you are making that kind of effort, then I am sure you are doing all you can do. Good luck with your new neighbors, and your old ones...

I forgot to mention this but a couple of days ago my dad was setting some dead tree branches on fire and a lot of the smoke went to Christian’s side. He complained and we felt so sorry about it because the fire wouldn’t die down until 9 hours later 💀

We fixed our fence recently so none of my girls can ever wander over there anymore but now it’s just this awkward silence? i don’t know maybe I am overthinking this but then again I’m bored and alone with my thoughts so 🥴

anyways if I have my neighbors eggs how many would be appropriate 1/2 a dozen, a dozen, or more?? I kinda wanted to give him a sandwich but idk what he likes. Might make both my neighbors Korean fried chicken instead 🥴👍
I'd just give half a dozen once in a while. Don't leave yourself short but just be neighbourly. The fire would be something that would annoy me too. I live in close proximity to others and sometimes they burn all manner of rubbish not just garden waste. They always seem to do it when the weather's good or I have washing out! Drives me insane! If you have an alternative to burning it then that will be a better option. And the fried chicken sounds like a winner!

I'd just give half a dozen once in a while. Don't leave yourself short but just be neighbourly. The fire would be something that would annoy me too. I live in close proximity to others and sometimes they burn all manner of rubbish not just garden waste. They always seem to do it when the weather's good or I have washing out! Drives me insane! If you have an alternative to burning it then that will be a better option. And the fried chicken sounds like a winner!
Thank you! Yeah, didn’t burn anything except twigs and the wind wasn’t blowing too bad. Regardless, we felt so bad about the smoke. Thank goodness we finished all of our burning that day. I’m definitely gonna try and leave a box of friend chicken at their door steps sometime this week! Thanks for the advice.

Hi fellow ARMY! I'm a Jin Stan myself 💜

I always feel so guilty when my girls are laying their eggs making so much noise, but like you I try and appease my neighbours by bribing them with eggs and cake 😅

Back
Top Bottom