April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Well 5th is technically the due date. I was originally planning on Easter and got busy and waited till Monday I think. I ran the temp .1c+ hoping maybe to get some to hatch a day early for Easter and here we are! Fun sounds are coming out! Peeps and cracks and all that.

Attachments

• EA6D207D-6EFB-4AC4-B575-ED655DD3FBEF.jpeg
    EA6D207D-6EFB-4AC4-B575-ED655DD3FBEF.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 6
Tomorrow is day 7. I’m holding out to candle until tomorrow night. I’m using the old 4250 because I had so many eggs. I set 38. I’d feel a lot better if they were in my NR360, but you know the 4250 can produce chicks too. My egg man hooked me up with lots of extras and I didn’t want to waste any of them!

It’s now day 5 here. We’ve had some temperature and humidity fluctuations not enough to make me worry to much though. I’ve started to chill out a little bit. The one thing I do not like about this incubator is you have to open it and move eggs to add to the water pan in the bottom. Yesterday I missed and poured water in the bottom of the incubator where the vent holes are I couldn’t figure out why the humidity was going down so quick until I grabbed the instructions that had been sitting under it. SOAKING WET! :he
I’ll start candling on Tuesday :fl

We’re up to 6 I think externally pipped now. May have some hatching by the time I wake in the morning. Only one or two of them pipped through the air cell are. The rest are half way down or further. Toward the wrong side of the egg. Some of the ones with egg difficiencies (small cracking, spiderweb looking cracks, and other porous looking) are pipped and working along too.
Might have Easter chicks after all.
Also one of the chicks that pipped low on the egg hit a vein. By the time I found them it looks to have dried blood and is still moving and chatting alright. We shall see.

Attachments

• EC69D367-2AF4-49DF-A5BE-F36F977CF793.jpeg
    EC69D367-2AF4-49DF-A5BE-F36F977CF793.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 6
It’s now day 5 here. We’ve had some temperature and humidity fluctuations not enough to make me worry to much though. I’ve started to chill out a little bit. The one thing I do not like about this incubator is you have to open it and move eggs to add to the water pan in the bottom. Yesterday I missed and poured water in the bottom of the incubator where the vent holes are I couldn’t figure out why the humidity was going down so quick until I grabbed the instructions that had been sitting under it. SOAKING WET! :he
I’ll start candling on Tuesday :fl
That sounds like the old model 4250 before they added holes in the side for water. I leave 3 egg spaces empty for easy access to the water channels underneath. It’s a real pain but holds a lot of eggs.

That sounds like the old model 4250 before they added holes in the side for water. I leave 3 egg spaces empty for easy access to the water channels underneath. It’s a real pain but holds a lot of eggs.
I’m using an old model 9200 still air. I’m not sure when they started making them this one may be more than 10 years old but it still seem to work well. It’s borrowed from my neighbor in exchange for the extra roosters. I may shift eggs around to reach it better. If the humidity holds steady I shouldn’t have to add more water before I candle.

I’m using an old model 9200 still air. I’m not sure when they started making them this one may be more than 10 years old but it still seem to work well. It’s borrowed from my neighbor in exchange for the extra roosters. I may shift eggs around to reach it better. If the humidity holds steady I shouldn’t have to add more water before I candle.

I'm using one of those too, and the turner failed at the beginning. They are due to hatch a week from today, but yesterday I candled, and think they are all dead. No development in the last week, and no movement. Most of the eggs are clear or have rings, and a few have little spots that have not grown. Yesterday I headed over to TSC to check out their incubators. I'd like to try again.

Have I think 9 more moving ready to pip or already pipped and zipping.

....However I’ve got 7 that show no movement. I took one apart. Fully formed maybe a day or so behind the others, no movement, removed from egg already deceased. Took three of the remaining 6 and put small inspection holes, and they are either fully or near fully formed but no movement. They even still have the minor finger veins.
Remaining three I’ve left in untouched but without much hope I’m afraid.

advice or input welcomed. Last hatch was about 50%. This one appears to be near 70%.

Back
Top Bottom