April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
Tomorrow is hatch day for my two broodies. I had some issues early on with them kicking eggs out of the nest but hopefully some will hatch. I have to get a spot ready in case I need to separate them after the hatch. Fingers crossed that we’ll have some babies soon!
🤞

I had more Swedish Flower eggs ready to go into the incubator today and I was planning to add some shipped Buff Orpington eggs too but the breeder is shipping a day later instead. I am kind of impatient to get the eggs in though so I might just throw mine in now & add the shipped eggs when they get here. Should only be a couple of days difference.

Hatched 10/10 Swedish Flower hen eggs, 100 percent hatch rate.
JPEG_20210412_085628_796796454285900473.jpg

I'm bragging only because it's a great feeling, lol.

Tomorrow is hatch day for my two broodies. I had some issues early on with them kicking eggs out of the nest but hopefully some will hatch. I have to get a spot ready in case I need to separate them after the hatch. Fingers crossed that we’ll have some babies soon!
🤞

I had more Swedish Flower eggs ready to go into the incubator today and I was planning to add some shipped Buff Orpington eggs too but the breeder is shipping a day later instead. I am kind of impatient to get the eggs in though so I might just throw mine in now & add the shipped eggs when they get here. Should only be a couple of days difference.
Were the eggs they kicked good? Mine kick them out when they’re infertile.

Were the eggs they kicked good? Mine kick them out when they’re infertile.
2 of the eggs were good, a third one was really dirty so I tossed it. The 2 hens are sitting together and the rooster is also constantly in the coop right next to them, so I think there has just been a lot of jostling around between the 3 of them. I probably should have separated the two hens.

2 of the eggs were good, a third one was really dirty so I tossed it. The 2 hens are sitting together and the rooster is also constantly in the coop right next to them, so I think there has just been a lot of jostling around between the 3 of them. I probably should have separated the two hens.
Is your Swedish Flower hen brooding?

I have 2 batches of eggs coming for me this week from NC and Idaho. I don't know how many will come, from each. I am guessing maybe 12eggs from NC and 24 eggs from ID we will see.

I am holding on to some eggs from my coop. (I have preached against adding more eggs when you have shipped, because the shipped are more important.) But My roosters are finally doing the job, hopefully! And I may have room. Below are LO, the green are the avatars grandkids, the top browns are BCM, and the lower browns are Welsummers.
lav.PNG

fasbb.PNG

There is a dark circle rolling about in these pics, the first one is towards the top, and the second is bit lower, but towards the aircell. Same egg. fasb.PNG
This is one of the lav. It is the size of an eraser. Not a meat spot because those are smaller. It moves fast if I tilt the egg.
Here are the roosters- Casper EE
yarbir.PNG
Below-
Dizzy BO

4pa.PNG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom