April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
I got 1 hatch so far... day 20. 54 to go! :fl
Sorry, the picture is a little blurry... plus the little guy didn't want to cooperate and look my way. :love
chick.jpg

We’re up to 11 hatched now on day 21. We had to assist a second chick when we got home from church. Just like the one last night, it didn’t look good but she has pepped up after some dropper feeding and rest. On a sad note one died in the shell after a really spaced out zip. It was 3 big pips far apart and it quit trying. The chick had fully absorbed the yolk and looked big and able to bust out but it didn’t.

My early pip just hatched! This one was in a hurry, clearly. It was screaming frantically from the incubator, so I pulled it out and made it a warm rice sock bed. It is very happy now.
942ADB45-AB6E-4994-969F-EB5D30D7D9FA.jpeg

So either I have to keep warming up this sock all night long or I have to listen to it scream in the incubator all night long...either way, not much sleep for me coming up! I’m hoping that, in the morning, I can slip it into the brooder with the McMurray chicks that just got her Thursday without much drama. My other two eggs it was set with aren’t due to hatch until Wednesday.

Still no foal, by the way. Sleep? Who needs sleep?

Back
Top Bottom