April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
View attachment 2624779

First silkie is hatched! Lots more are pipped, looks like it’ll be a bit until this kid has a friend.
I’m bad at guessing colors, though I’m thinking maybe a blue paint?
They’ll likely all come out mixed colored.
Can't wait to see them all fluffed up! Congratulations!😊

Oh no! I am so sorry!😞
Went to TSC and bought them chicks lol... they’ve been sitting for a very long time and I just don’t want them to get sick! They’ll hopefully care for them
image.jpg

Wow! That is so strange and cool!😀
Where did the green egg color come from? I bet the polish mixed with cochin would be interesting! Too bad none were fertile.
I have two red bantam cochin chicks coming in a chick order this week. Have never had cochins, but I hear such great things about them.
I am getting some 3 week old bantam Cochin chicks tomorrow. I have never had Cochins before either but I wanted to get some chickens that would be good broodies so I thought I would give them a try. The color I am getting is called “salmon.” Post pics when you get yours; I’d love to see them!

The 6th egg finally hatched. I'm guessing it probably hatched about 5-6am this morning. He hung out all morning in the incubator to dry off but when I woke up this afternoon he looked depressed and still not very dry. So I got him out, held him close in my shirt for awhile until he was mostly fluffy. Added him to the brooder with the other 5 chicks and in like 30 seconds flat he was racing around the brooder following his siblings around to check out what they were doing - total cuteness 😍

Peeper won’t accept the chicks so I’m breaking her. Mrs tweedy has accepted 3. The other 3 are in a bin brooder. Guess I’m taking care of those ones
I'm sorry about the accident and the loss of the hatch. So heartbreaking. But I'm glad for the new chicks, they're absolutely adorable little fluffy butts! Do you know what breeds you got?

Back
Top Bottom